1924 George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/George_Gershwin_1937.jpg/220px-George_Gershwin_1937.jpg
Year: 1924; Genre: classical/Jazz
I am making another pick where the date the song/piece of music was published happens to coincide with my song pick number. This is a rather famous experimental crossover piece that combines the musical worlds of jazz and classical music; in my opinion some of the best music ever written comes from such musical fusions. It is also written similar to a concerto in that it contrasts a solo piano against a jazz orchestra. To say the least it's a very interesting piece of music.

Hear Rhapsody in Blue on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rammstein - Mein Land

My song pick two years ago today: Karussell - Tanzen

My song pick three years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - Tell Me Why

My song pick four years ago today: Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

My song pick five years ago today: Steve Winwood & Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn