1941 Journey - Don't Stop Believing

From: Escape; Year: 1981; Genre: Rock
I was listening to some Journey this morning and also happened to go over the songs of theirs I'd already picked; I was kind of surprised that I hadn't added this song yet.
I used to like Don't Stop Believing and it was actually one of my favourites from the band; I still like it, but just not as much.  I guess it must be because of how it gets overplayed in recent years; when a song gets absorbed into popular culture like this one did it loses something. It's truly sad that so many of these great bands have started whoring their art and themselves out to television shows, advertisers, and other media. I can still remember back when such a thing was a taboo; things have definitely changed. Now every time I hear it I can't help but get the image of a crowd of drunken bar patrons singing along, of course each singing it in different and sometimes multiple keys.
Anyway, I'm digressing. But, with that being said this is still an excellent track with timeless qualities and is definitely one of Journey and Steve Perry's hallmark songs.

Hear Don't Stop Believing on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules

My song pick two years ago today: Roger Waters - It's a Miracle

My song pick three years ago today: Eric Idle - F--- Christmas

My song pick four years ago today: Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

My song pick five years ago today: The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade