1933 Ella Fitzgerald - Stormy Weather

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wzrqVz-%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Harold Arlen Songbook; Year: 1961; Genre: Jazz/Blues
I'm making another pick where the date when a song was first released matches up with my pick number; it just so happens that this rather famous and beautiful piece of music was published in 1933. This is yet another standard that should be recognizable to almost anyone alive today.  It was originally written by Harold Arlen and Ted Koehler and has been recorded countless times since. However, among my favourite renditions of the song was the one recorded by Ella Fitzgerald, so, of course, it is my pick today.

Hear Ella Fitzgerald's recording of Stormy Weather on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Dead Meadow - Greensky Greenlake

My song pick two years ago today: Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart

My song pick three years ago today: Duran Duran - Serious

My song pick four years ago today: Styx - Crystal Ball

My song pick five years ago today: Rush - Tom Sawyer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn