1940 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Take a Pebble

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/ELP-ELP.jpg
From: Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock
As I've said a few times before, I normally don't let my previous picks influence current ones, well, other than not picking ones that I've already chosen. Anyway, when I noticed that a year ago I chose EL&P's epic Tarkus it got me in the mood for some more of their music. This is another one that hails from their hit debut album; it's a rather complex and pretty track that goes through a few sections and arrangements, however, at the same time it's quite a listenable track to even a casual listener. Keith Emerson's piano playing is amazing; I love how he goes from light and delicate in one section and utilizes the instrument's power in others, heck he even strums its strings towards the start.

Hear Take a Pebble on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '71 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

My song pick two years ago today: Supertramp - Just a Normal Day

My song pick three years ago today: Northern Kings - Hello

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fallen On Hard Times

My song pick five years ago today: Mr. Big - Wild World


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn