1915 Ian Anderson - Kismet in Suburbia

From: Thick as a Brick 2; Year: 2012; Genre: Progressive Rock
I had this song come on my iPod the other day whilst I was on the road; it's one of my favourites on the album. I've been thinking about picking another track from TAAB2 anyway, so it's a good time.
This one's a pretty good mix between the sound of the original and the more recent sound and musical ideas. I really like the instrumental section at the end of the song; their use of Indian like musical vocalization is especially fun. In the greater concept album this one fits in as part of the epilogue for all of the five of fictional character Gerald Bostock's "what-ifs."

Hear Kismet in Suburbia on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Hawkwind - Fable of a Failed Race

My song pick two years ago today: Billy Joel - It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

My song pick three years ago today: Daft Punk - One More Time

My song pick four years ago today: Al Stewart - Time Passages

My song pick five years ago today: Stealer's Wheel - Star

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade