1938 Dick Dale - Bandito

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51n6q2UCwXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Calling Up Spirits; Year: 1996; Genre: Hard Rock/Surf Rock
I've been wanting to pick this song for a while now and today feels like a good time to do so; Bandito is one of my favourite songs from Dick Dale.
Anyway, this is a pretty heavy instrumental surf guitar rock track with a bit of a Latin flare to it. My favourite part is how the guitar and bass interact throughout the song especially in the descending lines where the guitar starts it and then the bass finishes it and they start over again, which makes kind of an echo/roll effect.

Here is a fan video with the studio version of Bandito on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Dream Theater - A Nightmare to Remember

My song pick two years ago today: Bob Marley & the Wailers - Jamming

My song pick three years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Crossfire

My song pick four years ago today: 4 Non Blondes - What's Up?

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - ...And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn