1934 Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - Stomping Grounds

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61znWBkAXTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Live Art; Year: 1996; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Bluegrass
Well, it's Thanksgiving once again; I was really wanting to pick a song that was apropos, but nothing came to mind. Anyway, as it so happened yesterday I heard this one come on, which is one of my favourites from the band. I thought for sure I'd already chosen it, but apparently I had not.
This is another fine example as to why I love this band: so many awesome and contrasting musical ideas being brought together to make one great, unique sound.

Hear Stomping Grounds on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Mahavishnu Orchestra - You Know You Know

My song pick two years ago today: The Kinks - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Manhattan Project

My song pick four years ago today: Andy Taylor - When the Rain Comes Down

My song pick five years ago today: Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant Massacree


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off