1939 Louis Armstrong - When the Saints Go Marching In

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hIsdDk3%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: When the Saints Go Marching In; Year: 2009 (1939); Genre: Jazz
I had some other songs in mind for today's pick, but I happened to notice that Louis Armstrong had a famous hit recording of this traditional hymn in 1939, which is today's pick number. After seeing that I couldn't help but make it my choice today. This is a pretty popular version; most people today should know or at least have heard Louie Armstrong's version of the song. Even though it had been in existence for many years before, in my mind and probably many others' as well have a tendency to associate this track with him.

Hear a recording of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: John Denver - Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning)

My song pick two years ago today: Del Shannon - Runaway

My song pick three years ago today: Steely Dan - Black Friday

My song pick four years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - I Just Want You

My song pick five years ago today: Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade