1961 Ben E. King - Stand By Me

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Bk_dontplaythatsong.jpg
From: Don't Play That Song!; Year: 1961; Genre: R&B/Soul
I'm continuing to pick songs from the year that is the same as my song pick number. This song, which is probably Ben E. King's biggest hit, was also one of the bigger hits in the year 1961. I actually thought for sure that I'd already picked it, but I guess I was wrong. Outside of the powerful lyrics and their excellent delivery the utter simplicity of this song construction led by that simple bass line is probably it's greatest attribute by far.

Hear Stand By Me on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Jack Frost and the Hooded Crow

My song pick two years ago today: Nightwish - Wishmaster

My song pick three years ago today: The Violent Femmes - Color Me Once

My song pick four years ago today: The Who - Eminence Front

My song pick five years ago today: John Fogerty - Almost Saturday Night


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn