2014 Hawkwind - It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Kemc9Pf6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous; Year: 1993; Genre: Space Rock/Progressive Rock
Today is the first day in quite some time that I have not picked a song based on the year coinciding with my pick number. For obvious reasons at this moment it would be impossible to pick a song released next year, so unless I gain access to a time machine or something similar that loose theme has come to an end.
Anyway, since I am talking about the future and with the plethora of science fiction related songs from Hawkwind I couldn't help but pick one of their songs with related subject matter. This one is the title track from their album released in '93. As with much of their music it can best be described as rock that is very weird sounding, but fun nevertheless. While the song essentially has no lyrics, the title itself was apparently taken from a quote by philosopher and mathematician Alfred Whitehead.

Hear It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy

My song pick two years ago today: Miles Davis - Freddie Freeloader

My song pick three years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)

My song pick four years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Little Wing

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Said She Was A Dancer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade