2222 The Allman Brothers Band - Mountain Jam

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/415yM6gZIqL.jpg
From: Eat a Peach; Year: 1972; Genre: Southern Rock

Six years ago today I noticed that I picked The Allman Brothers' song Blue Skies, which is one of my favourites, so, keeping with the theme I am picking another of their songs; for me I never tire of this great band.
Anyway, this is an epic 33+ minute jam that was oddly enough roughly based on the Donovan song There is a Mountain, which can be heard here on YouTube.
There is a lot of amazing freestyle soloing throughout that is incredible; especially Duane Allman's.
Probably some would call this "musical masturbation," however if they are musicians it's just their own jealousy and ineptitude as musicians showing through. And of course if they are not musicians, they just have crappy taste in music.

Hear a full recording of Mountain Jam on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steve Vai - I Know You're Here

My song pick two years ago today: Earthless - Godspeed

My song pick three years ago today: Big Star - Thirteen

My song pick four years ago today: David Bowie - Queen Bitch

My song pick five years ago today: The Offspring - Self Esteem

My song pick six years ago today: The Allman Brothers - Blue Sky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade