2289 The Royal Philharmonic - Limelight

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61YnVlPagCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Plays the Music Of Rush; Year: 2012; Genre: Classical
I was introduced to this album the other day by a fellow Rush fanatic; to say the least I was very interested and bemused to hear their classical interpretation Rush's music. While I'd rather just listen to Rush's original recordings, it's really good and a treat to hear; long overdue with how many other acts getting the "classical" treatment.

Hear The Royal Philharmonic's cover of Limelight on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue

My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Mein Land

My song pick three years ago today: Karussell - Tanzen

My song pick four years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - Tell Me Why

My song pick five years ago today: Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

My song pick six years ago today: Steve Winwood & Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy


Comments

  1. One thing I notice whenever an orchestra performs a rock band's music is just how poorly a sung melody of a rock song translates to symphonic reinterpretation. It just always sounds awkward, the pattern of notes is just so much more linear and repetitive than what we're used to hearing an orchestra play.

    That's a nice arrangement though. Have you heard Symphonic Theater of Dreams?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade