2472 Clarence Carter - Patches

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-9qG35QDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Patches; Year: 1970; Genre: Soul/R&B
Last night I happened to hear this song on a television programme and it's on my mind ever since. This is quite a powerful track with a noted gospel and that great Mussel Shoals R&B sound. Combine that great sound with the heart-wrenching story and you get an amazing track.

Hear Patches on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - 21st Century Man

My song pick two years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Dare to be Stupid

My song pick three years ago today: AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)

My song pick four years ago today: Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye

My song pick five years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Learning To Fly

My song pick six years ago today: The Four Top - It's the Same Old Song


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)