2513 Steeleye Span - Orfeo/Nathan's Reel

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51IcPUiNHML._SX300_.jpg
From: Rocket Cottage; Year: 1976; Genre: Electric Folk Rock
I felt like some Steeleye Span this morning and I decided to add another of their songs to ye olde blog. Orfeo is another one of their heavier songs with a very strong rhythm section; a pretty good mix of their folk interpretation of traditional music with driving British rock. Nathan's Reel acts as a much less raucous extended instrumental outro featuring Peter Night's violin playing in the traditional folk sound.

Hear Orfeo/Nathan's Reel on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alestorm - Flower of Scotland

My song pick two years ago today: Cybotron - Colossus

My song pick three years ago today: AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

My song pick four years ago today: Steeleye Span - Black Jack Davy

My song pick five years ago today: Heart - These Dreams

My song pick six years ago today: The Police - Message in a Bottle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade