2140 Alestorm - Flower of Scotland

From: Captain Morgan's Revenge; Year: 2008; Genre: Celtic Folk Metal/Power Metal
The other day whilst I was driving home this song came on my iPod; I made sure to make a mental note that I wanted to pick it. I absolutely love their rendition of this rather great track.
Actually this song is a cover originally written by Roy Williamson of the folk group The Corries back in the late 1960's. Flower of Scotland is among a handful of songs which serve as an unofficial national anthem for Scotland; it is kind of interesting in my opinion to have such a new song serve such a role in such an old nation. From what I understand it is the most popular song amongst the candidates and is used at sporting events for Scots' teams.

Hear Flower of Scotland on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Cybotron - Colossus

My song pick two years ago today: AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

My song pick three years ago today: Steeleye Span - Black Jack Davy

My song pick four years ago today: Heart - These Dreams

My song pick five years ago today: The Police - Message in a Bottle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn