2613 Yes - The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ebrPVPwtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Tales from Topographic Oceans; Year: 1973; Genre: Progressive Rock
It's about the first time in a week that I've been feeling somewhat normal, so I'm able to more energy into my pick today.
Anyway, this is one of the four epic tracks off of Yes' double album Tales from Topographic Oceans, which also included only four songs. Each one of the four songs took up a whole side of a record and this song is actually the 'baby' coming in at a paltry 18 and 1/2 minutes. Yep, this is progressive rock at its best (or worst) depending on your tastes, but in my opinion is a great track.

Hear The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Yes - Perpetual Change

My song pick two years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Mephistopheles

My song pick three years ago today: The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing

My song pick four years ago today: Azteca - A Night in Nazca

My song pick five years ago today: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band/With a Little Help from My Friends

My song pick six years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Midnight Special

My song pick seven years ago today: Megadeth - Use The Man


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade