2657 Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61NcrCRqcKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell; Year: 1993; Genre: Hard Rock/Progressive Rock
Last night I heard this song and felt like an excellent song for this blasé Thursday. I always found that Jim Steinman is one of the few writers, especially when he has Meat Loaf preforming his work, to be able to not only get epic progressive songs in the pop culture, but have them get radio play; this is one of those songs. While the full 12 minute opus hardly ever gets played on the radio, the trimmed 8 minute version often does.
Anyway, I've always loved the music and Meat Loaf's powerful vocals throughout this song and of course his duet with "Mrs. Loud."

Hear the full 12 minute album version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Beach Boys - I Get Around

My song pick two years ago today: Dick Dale - Nitro

My song pick three years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Astronomy

My song pick four years ago today: Yoshiki Fukuyama - Angel's Voice

My song pick five years ago today: The Kinks - (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman

My song pick six years ago today: The Allman Brother's Band - Ain't Waistin' Time No More

My song pick seven years ago today: Red Sovine - Phantom 309


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade