2880 Queen - Gimme the Prize (Kurgan's Theme)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71z3Yh6USOL._SX425_.jpg
From: A Kind of Magic; Year: 1986; Genre: Hard Rock/Metal
This is another one of those days where I had an album, (and in this case also a soundtrack), on my mind. This one, and most of the album for that matter, was of course part of the original Highlander film's soundtrack; this one in particular was the villain's, (the Kurgan's), theme.
For those who adore Brian May's guitar playing this song has be right up there; especially with that awesome solo/intro. Also Freddy Mercury's vocals are as top-notched as every; a great tune.
This one also features samples of the Kurgan's lines from the movie. It's kind of funny, but ever since I found out that Clancy Brown, who played the Kurgan, also does Mr. Eugene Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants he's not as intimidating anymore and all I see is a greedy fat crab whenever I hear his voice anymore. :D

Hear Gimme the Prize (Kurgan's Theme) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pink Floyd - Empty Spaces/Young Lust

My song pick two years ago today: Quasar - As You Fall Asleep

My song pick three years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Troglodyte (Cave Man)

My song pick four years ago today: Stahlhammer - Eisbär

My song pick five years ago today: The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer in the City

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Again

My song pick seven years ago today: Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn