1772 The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Troglodyte (Cave Man)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51F03UsRd9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: It's Just Begun; Year: 1972; Genre: Funk/Comedy
I had no song in mind for today and for no reason whatsoever this hilarious and funky track started to play in my mind. I thought that I might've already picked it; I checked and surprisingly I hadn't, so I figured that I would go ahead and make it my song for today. And since it's a Friday and all and this is a funky track I guess I should make it a "Funky Friday" pick.
I've loved this song ever since I first heard samples from it on my dad's old Convention '72 record. Luckily he also had Troglodyte (Cave Man) on a 45 rpm record, so I was able to hear the original source of those snippets; suffice it to say over the years we all but wore that record out.

Hear Troglodyte (Cave Man) on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '73 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stahlhammer - Eisbär

My song pick two years ago today: The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer in the City

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Again

My song pick four years ago today: Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn