2893 Santo & Johnny - Summertime

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51F%2BRH4z8gL._SX425_.jpg
From: Santo & Johnny; Year: 1959; Genre: Jazz/Blues/Rock
This cover of the Gershwin hit song from the opera Porgy & Bess really epitomizes the feel of this time of year, especially with the massive heatwave we've been having the last couple of days. The way they arranged it with, of course, the steel guitar as the centrepiece really brings the emotions out.

Hear Summertime on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Zager and Evans - In the Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)

My song pick two years ago today: Homer & Jethro - The Battle of Camp Kookamonga

My song pick three years ago today: Karussell - Entweder Oder

My song pick four years ago today: Nightwish - Last of the Wilds (Erämaan viimeinen)

My song pick five years ago today: Rush - Caravan

My song pick six years ago today: John Denver - This Old Guitar

My song pick seven years ago today: Rammstein - Stirb Nicht Vor Mir (Don't Die Before I Do)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn