2894 Chris Squire - Silently Falling

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZGutJ6TgL._SX425_.jpg
From: Fish Out of Water; Year: 1975; Genre: Progressive Rock/Symphonic Rock
Last night I learned that member of the band Yes and bassist extraordinaire Chris Squire passed away; a writeup can be read here on the BBC.
Along with many other bassists and musicians he was one of my inspirations and will be sorely missed; at least we still have his music and performances to hold on to. I cannot even begin to state the man's influence on music; many of the bands I listen to were inspired by his work as well as myself. My thanks go out to him for all of the work he did and prayers and thoughts go out to his friends and family; may he rest in peace.
Anyway, I couldn't think of picking a better song for this occasion than this rather beautiful and complex track off of his solo album.

Hear Silently Falling on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown

My song pick two years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Life in Eleven

My song pick three years ago today: Red Rider - White Hot

My song pick four years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa

My song pick five years ago today: Queen - Play The Game

My song pick six years ago today: Jerry Reed - Guitar Man

My song pick seven years ago today: Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn