1412 The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa

1412 The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51N45H6VZFL._SS500_.jpg
From: Eat a Peach, Year: 1972
Genre: Southern Rock

I thought that I had chosen this song at some point, but I guess I was wrong. I guess that I'll be choosing it today.
Early into my fanhood of The Allman Brothers this was my absolute favourite track; at the time I only owned a Greatest Hits cassette tape and Eat a Peach on vinyl. Of course, after venturing deeper into their catalogue my favourite songs kind of changed, but I've always liked this one a lot.
This is such a wonderfully written and arranged song; I love how it elicits both happiness and sadness at the same time. Dicky Betts' crying slide guitar has always been the main draw for me.

Watch a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live acoustic performance circa '92 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Queen - Play The Game

My song pick two years ago today: Jerry Reed - Guitar Man

My song pick three years ago today: Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade