2905 Head Hunters - Chameleon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61sOVzualrL._SX425_.jpg
From: Head Hunters; Year: 1973; Genre: Funk/Jazz Fusion
Even though I had already chosen a song from him, I felt like picking another one of Herbie Hancock's tracks for this Funky Friday; this one comes from his second backing ensemble: The Head Hunters.
This one's got an infectious groove laid down by the bass playing of Paul Jackson and the percussion/drumming of Bill Summers and Harvey Mason. The keyboards and use of the synthesizers in particular along with the horns fill the lead and rhythm perfectly to make it a joy to listen to.

Hear Chameleon on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Yes - Siberian Khatru

My song pick two years ago today: Maddy Prior - Mother and Child

My song pick three years ago today: Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.13 - Piano Sonata No.8 "Pathétique"

My song pick four years ago today: Chet Atkins - Tears

My song pick five years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

My song pick six years ago today: Fairport Convention - Tam Lin

My song pick seven years ago today: Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)