1423 Chet Atkins - Tears

1423 Chet Atkins - Tears
From: Chet Atkins Picks the Best, Year: 1967
Genre: Gypsy Jazz

Actually getting my Sunday pick in at a decent hour for a change this evening.
I can remember my grandfather playing this tune a lot throughout my life, so much that it is probably permanently embedded in my brain; he could play this one note-for-note.
Anyway, this one is Chet Atkins' cover of the old Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli tune; he does an excellent job with it.

Hear the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a newer recording of the song featuring both Chet and Mark Knopfler on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

My song pick two years ago today: Fairport Convention - Tam Lin

My song pick three years ago today: Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)