1799 Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.13 - Piano Sonata No.8 "Pathétique"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Beethoven.jpg
Op.13; Year: 1799; Genre: classical/Classical Period
I noticed that 1799 happened to be the year that this piece, one of my favourite sonatas from Beethoven, was first published. So, since I've yet to pick it, I thought I would go ahead and make it my pick for today; besides it's a more than perfect piece to close out the 1700's with.

Hear the first movement: "Grave - Allegro di molto e con brio" performed by Dubravka Tomsic on YouTube.
Hear the second movement: "Adagio cantabile" performed by Dubravka Tomsic on YouTube.
Hear the third movement: "Rondo: Allegro" performed by Dubravka Tomsic on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chet Atkins - Tears

My song pick two years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

My song pick three years ago today: Fairport Convention - Tam Lin

My song pick four years ago today: Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn