2946 Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Tramp

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519kRIkgt3L._SX425_.jpg
From: Bachman-Turner Overdrive II; Year: 1973; Genre: Hard Rock
Most music today is sadly missing one aspect that this entire album has: being built around the entire album as a composition rather than making singles. Album Oriented Rock, (AOR), is just that; it's made so you would drop the needle down on the first track and you wouldn't notice a song ending and a new one beginning as much. You'd just flip it over and listen to the other side too; that's why if you like a certain album songs like this one, which are not the big hits still resonate and you'll still enjoy them. Sure, people would probably quickly to notice Let it Ride and Takin' Care of Business a lot quicker, but if the album passed to another track it was still a good song you'd probably enjoy.
Anyway, I like how this one plays around with the hard and bluesier, but catchier choruses to the much harder-edged verses.

Hear Tramp on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Van der Graaf Generator - Darkness 11/11

My song pick two years ago today: The Police - Walking on the Moon

My song pick three years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Misty Mountain Hop

My song pick four years ago today: Émile Waldteufel - Op. 232 - Rococo-Polka

My song pick five years ago today: Sky - Sarabande

My song pick six years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - On The Hunt

My song pick seven years ago today: Ian Anderson - A Better Moon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade