2949 The Kinks - Autumn Almanac

From: Autumn Almanac (single); Year: 1967; Genre: Rock/Pop
After having a conversation about The Kinks last night it got me into the mood for some of their music. Anyway, this is one of their more upbeat pop tracks that oozes with romanticism, sentimentality, and great visuals that brings up snapshots of English lifestyle; I love the prose and imagery and how it fits the music so well. Definitely one of the best songs in their catalogue.

Hear Autumn Almanac on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stevie Wonder - Skeletons

My song pick two years ago today: The Grass Roots - Sooner or Later

My song pick three years ago today: Felix Mendelssohn - Op. 56 - Symphony No. 3 (Scottish)

My song pick four years ago today: Deep Purple - Pictures of Home

My song pick five years ago today: Heart - If Looks Could Kill

My song pick six years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

My song pick seven years ago today: The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)