2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

BWV 225; Year: 1727; Genre: Baroque Period/classical
I made it another year with this pick today. Back in 2007 on this day I started this blog on a social site called MySpace and in '09 I moved it here; it's getting hard to believe that I've been at this for eight years now.
Anywho, this is an extremely beautiful motet piece for eight voices, and there's a good chance you've hear the melody to this song; it's quite memorable.

Hear BWV 225 performed by Orquesta de La Chapelle Royale; conducted byPhilippe Herreweghe on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: 2590 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1077 - Canone doppio sopr'il soggetto

My song pick two years ago today: 2218 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 996 - Suite in E-Minor

My song pick three years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1051 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-Flat

My song pick four years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

My song pick five years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick six years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
 
My song pick seven years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5
 
My song pick eight years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2


Comments

  1. I think it's staggering that you've made it this far without missing a single day.

    I'd have probably posted Steven Wilson's entire catalog by now if I was still doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's amazing to me too; I just keep plugging away a day at a time. I've always got a song playing in my mind, (a reference to Woordenaar's blog there, but is true of me too). Wot's really amazing for me personally is with all of my internet troubles I've always found a way to make the post some way.

      You definitely should get a blog going again; you already have a Google account, so you basically have everything needed to start again. :D

      Delete
  2. I have this exact vinyl box set, had it in my hands two days ago. Not kidding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight years without a missing day, amazing. I only started a half year later I just found out, but have only posted 1371 songs. Seems like I've missed a day or two ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm just as surprised too; I never thought I'd make it this far and without missing a song. But, now it's gotten to the point where I couldn't imagine not doing this blog anymore.

      Also, no need to worry about missing songs; your blog is great; I look forward to reading it every day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade