Song 374 ( The Allman Brothers - Jessica )



For my fifth pick, I chose the Allman Brothers' song Blue Sky. Today I have decided on a song that is one of their biggest hits: Jessica. This instrumental features Richard "Dickey" Betts' guitar playing as the main aspect. The keyboard work by Gregg Allman and Chuck Leavell is quite excellent and keeps the repetitiveness down. This song is considered to be a one of the best driving songs; I can say with some certainty that it does cause my right foot to get a little heavy whilst it is played.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello