Song 376 ( Rammstein - Hallelujah )



For my seventh pick my first week, I chose Rammstein's cover of Depeche Mode's Stripped, which was an extra track on some versions of Sehnsucht. So, I decided that I should pick another extra track, this one is an extra track off of the 2 CD version of the Mutter album; it is also one of the earlier songs that I heard by Rammstein.
This track is about those with power over others and how they twist the rules to give themselves a form of absolute power. In this instance it is about a clergyman who twists the Faith to fit his own means. The lyrical content, (as with most of Rammstein's work), is disturbing and extreme; especially in this one, however it is an excellent song.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn