Song 448 ( Rush - Roll the Bones )



This is one song that I have been thinking about choosing for a while now. After it was running through my mind a lot yesterday and today I have decided go on ahead and pick it. Anyway, in the context of this song, Roll the Bones refers to this randomness in our lives due to the chances we take, either good or bad. The first time I heard this song I was taken aback by hearing Geddy Lee rapping during the guitar solo in the song, which is unique for a Rush song. I really like the sound of the group on this album, especially the sound of Geddy's Wal bass. I know that a lot of Rush fans dislike this album that I have come to like, however another one of my favorite Rush albums is Grace Under Pressure, another disliked album; go figure.

Hear Roll the Bones on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song circa '94 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn