Song 458 ( Otis Redding - (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay )



I absolutely could not believe that I have not chosen this song yet; but after listening to this amazing song today I will. While such a melancholy song as it was written to be, the fact that the Otis Redding died just after the recording of the song makes it that much more of a sad song; his greatest hit was posthumous. Anyway, besides his excellent vocals I have always been drawn to the bass line.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6960. Spacehog - Spacehog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

3732. Mastodon - Hearts Alive

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6963. Lita Ford - Betrayal

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure