2096 The Ventures - Joy

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiUVuK7RbZJdbY2No508wmK-JnaO1BeoWKSTGmJPpyRCLsTy6tIC-gj_C57Bxqrz96H8JUZpqTisr1w_sVlBzQISqKvTDXajZVCjBOZhM6EMa16jKSZy6_ddSH0ZNgV_G4ce9KdVpYYO-I/s200/images.jpg
From: Joy: The Ventures Play the Classics; Year: 1972; Genre: Progressive Rock
I had the music from this rather remarkable album running through my mind this morning, so I thought I would go ahead and pick one off of it.
This song is, of course, a rendition of Johann Sebastian Bach's famous movement from his cantata BWV 147: Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben; Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. However, this rendition is more inspired by the one done by Jigsaw a couple years prior. While quite similar to that version. all in all they do give it enough of the Ventures' surf rock feel to make it at least a bit unique compared to the other versions since.

Hear The Ventures' rendition of Joy on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Gackt - Cube

My song pick two years ago today: Fairport Convention - Meet on the Ledge

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Losing It

My song pick four years ago today: The Beatles - Yesterday

My song pick five years ago today: Def Leppard - Animal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn