2108 Jethro Tull - Skating Away on the Thin Ice of the New Day

From: War Child; Year: 1974; Genre: Progressive Rock
It's one of those days again; I had no song in mind to pick. At some point today I had a few of tracks from mid-70's 'Tull running through my mind; I thought I would take it as a sign that I should pick one of them.
Interestingly enough, this was one of a couple of tracks that was to have been part of the album that got scrapped in '73, but survived and was included of War Child. It is one of the more interesting songs to see performed live; members of the band move around and play different instruments throughout the different sections of the song.

Hear Skating Away on the Thin Ice of the New Day on YouTube.
Watch a live performance of the song circa '77 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alestorm - I Am a Cider Drinker

My song pick two years ago today: Elton John - Lady Samantha

My song pick three years ago today: Nena - 99 Luftballons

My song pick four years ago today: Rainbow - Street of Dreams

My song pick five years ago today: Van Morrison - Moondance


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn