2100 Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - 21st Century Man

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/ELO_Time_expanded_album_cover.jpg
From: Time; Year: 1981; Genre: Progressive Rock
I have reached yet another milestone with my two-thousand-one-hundredth song picked. As I sometimes do, I am choosing a song with an appropriate title. Technically, if you are talking about years, 2100 would actually be the first year in the 22nd century, not the 21st, but, whatever the case I am making it my pick today.
Anyway, this one sounds very Beatleesque, more so than much of the material on the album. It takes place towards the end of the album where the main character and time-traveler has in some way come to terms with his situation. However, the next song, Hold on Tight, gives the listener the feeling that he hasn't given up on going back home.

Hear 21st Century Man on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Dare to be Stupid

My song pick two years ago today: AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)

My song pick three years ago today: Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye

My song pick four years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Learning To Fly

My song pick five years ago today: The Four Top - It's the Same Old Song


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn