2691 Chet Atkins - Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/617D5JcxB%2BL.jpg
From: Chet Atkins Picks on the Hits; Year: 1972; Genre: Instrumental Pop/Rock
I was in the mood for something a bit more mellow and this rather beautiful cover of the Don McLean classic seemed to fit my mood the best. In actuality this is probably my favourite version of the song even over the original.

Hear Chet Atkins' version of Vincent on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bob Dylan - Forever Young

My song pick two years ago today: Les Paul & Mary Ford - How High the Moon

My song pick three years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Rain is Falling

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Red Lenses

My song pick five years ago today: The Kinks - A Rock & Roll Fantasy

My song pick six years ago today: Quincy Jones - Soul Bossa Nova

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - My Sunday Feeling


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)