2721 Benny Goodman - Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Un-0QXQyL.jpg
From: Carnegie Hall, January 16th, 1938, The Complete Concert; Year: 1950 (1938); Genre: Swing Jazz
I happened to hear this song the other day and it's stayed with me ever since; as I usually do, I'm making it my pick.
Even if you don't know it by title I can all but guarantee that you'll know it almost instantly; it's a very, very famous piece. I love the drums in particular, but the entire big band is orchestrated to perfection; a truly great song.

Hear Sing, Sing, Sing on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Dreams

My song pick two years ago today: Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

My song pick three years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Superstition

My song pick four years ago today: Journey - To Play Some Music

My song pick five years ago today: Apocalyptica featuring Till Lindemann - Helden

My song pick six years ago today: James Gang - Funk 49

My song pick seven years ago today: Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn