2769 B. Bumble & the Stingers - Bumble Boogie

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71OCYIBtyaL._SL1000_.jpg
From: Nut Rocker, Bumble Boogie, Apple Knocker and All the Classics; Year: 1995 (1961); Genre: Rock 'N Roll/Classical
This one's been on my mind for about a week now, so I'm picking it. It's a rather interesting piece outside of being a rock n' roll rendition of a swing jazz arrangement of the well-known classical piece, "Flight of the Bumblebee" by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. This was actually the first version of Flight of the Bumblebee I ever heard; it was on one of my Dad's many instrumental/super hits records.
Session musicians actually performed this piece only on: piano, guitar, bass, and drums. Apparently the only instrument that was doubled up was the piano; one being a standard grand playing chords/rhythm and the other being modified with tacks on the hammers to make a much sharper and distinct attack for the main lead line.

Hear Bumble Boogie on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Marillion - Chelsea Monday

My song pick two years ago today: Boston - Feelin' Satisfied

My song pick three years ago today: Cybotron - Arrakis

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Entre Nous

My song pick five years ago today: Black Sabbath - War Pigs

My song pick six years ago today: Pink Floyd - One Of These Days

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rare and Precious Chain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade