2772 Lou Rawls - Long 'Bout Midnight

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjGnVPLbVP24O87fBHZmnkPyD3EBw81QJANpYQyAosMer9yGvRKmuwoKzeMaREnS3fzcr7BB1PSPxllcbumlaxYsnCIbqbXAoD9ce-ypMr_bOqkyENbF8CosHyYFq5DwMhHJW90-iR4yzg/s1600/ICBA-HereComesGarfield.jpg
From: Here Comes Garfield (Soundtrack); Year: 1982; Genre: Funk/Jazz
I was watching a bunch of old Garfield cartoons, including this one, and this rather funky song kept kept getting stuck in my mind; I thought it would make a great Funky Friday pick.
For those who grew up in the 1980s Garfield was one of the most loved cartoon characters and this was part of the soundtrack from his first animated picture. The entire soundtrack was written by the incomparable Ed Bogas and sung by both legendary singer Lou Rawls and Desirée Goyette. This is one of the highlights to feature Lou Rawls' amazing vocals and is a very funky and fun song to listen to.

Hear Long 'Bout Midnight on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud to Beg

My song pick two years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Roll On Down the Highway

My song pick three years ago today: Pallas - Ark of Infinity

My song pick four years ago today: Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass - A Taste of Honey

My song pick five years ago today: Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me

My song pick six years ago today: Three Dog Night - Try A Little Tenderness

My song pick seven years ago today: Steve Winwood - Roll With It


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn