2238 Carmen - Daybreak

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhAwlrRKkP2i5Fh4i-NJlV8BRshfbH4th8fJ-B6MxWtRPafLX2a3Ov11Q_j2GxpZSTPXumrDsUThGUdTEU1Ujr4vGIE0uVw379Zu1ofihwjaIcm2rCAUEPBfdv4YKokVV8PABcMSnAbfjY/s200/cover_8817852010.jpg
From: The Gypsies; Year: 1976; Genre: Progressive Rock/Flamenco Rock
I've had the music of Carmen running through my mind consistently throughout the last couple of days; I thought I would take it as a sign that I should pick another one of their songs.
This is the opening track off of the band's "swansong" The Gypsies. It starts off for the first couple of minutes in flamenco/classical complete with amazing guitar work and dancing and clapping for percussion; it then it kicks in to rather heavy rock sounds led by John Glascock's thundering bass, but there is a definite flamenco sound added into the mix.

Hear Daybreak on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Fountain of Lamenth

My song pick two years ago today: Megadeth - Bad Omen

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Beggar's Farm

My song pick four years ago today: The Beatles - Something

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Singing All Day

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - Heavy Water


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn