3991. Dr. Hook - Sharing the Night Together

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/615Dr%2BoJl8L._SS500.jpg
From: Pleasure & Pain; Year: 1978; Genre: Soft Rock
It's amazing how many songs drop from the dark recesses of your brain at times; ones you've not heard in ages. Most of the ones that fit that category for me are mostly songs from the mid-late '70s into the early '80s: when I was very young. They are mostly "Top 40" songs I heard from either the radio playing or someone was playing it. I'm not sure I'll ever run out of music from that time period, who knows, right?
Anyway, whilst I've heard this song many times, up until just a bit ago, (when it popped into my mind), I did not even know who performed this song and was slightly surprised that it was Dr. Hook, but by the late '70s a lot of bands were getting into either hard punk or the softer rock sound if they were evolving musically. All in all it's actually a pretty good song in its own right, a perfect song to slow dance to and rub beltbuckles with that special someone in your life.

Hear Sharing the Night Together on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Hawkwind - Kerb Crawler

My song pick two years ago today: Funkadelic - Freak of the Week

My song pick three years ago today: Pink Floyd - Wot's... Uh the Deal?

My song pick four years ago today: Wild Turkey - Dulwich Fox

My song pick five years ago today: Asia - Don't Cry

My song pick six years ago today: Queen - Somebody to Love

My song pick seven years ago today: Rush (Neil Peart) - O Baterista (Drum Solo)

My song pick eight years ago today: Hawkwind - Zarozinia

My song pick nine years ago today: Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad City

My song pick ten years ago today: The Wallflowers - One Headlight


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In