3988. The Alan Parsons Project - Silence and I

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51YMFswa2CL._SX522_.jpg
From: Eye in the Sky; Year: 1982; Genre: Progressive Rock/Symphonic Rock
It's not true of me all the time, but as a rule if I'm sampling a record, (other than the hits or singles of course), I first go to the longest track and usually if I like it I'll like the other songs on the album. I feel that if an artist can go further than the standard less than 4 to 5 minutes and still keep it interesting then the rest of the music on the album is good as well; this is how it is with Eye in the Sky: after the title track I immediately went to this song and liked it, probably just as well as the main single. The multiple sections and use of both rock and orchestral instruments along with the amazing mournful vocals just makes just over 7 minutes of great music.

Hear Silence and I on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Wall of Voodoo - Ring of Fire

My song pick two years ago today: John Dowland - Time Stands Still

My song pick three years ago today: Tarot - Magic and Technology

My song pick four years ago today: Hawkwind - PXR5

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Summerday Sands

My song pick six years ago today: Typhoon24 feat. Tatsuzo of YKZ - Spice of Life

My song pick seven years ago today: Tarot - Veteran of Psychic Wars

My song pick eight years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do

My song pick nine years ago today: Marty Simon - Jerhume Brunnen G

My song pick ten years ago today: Focus - Hocus Pocus


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In