4010. Sonny & Cher - Mama Was a Rock and Roll Singer

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81o22n6PEDL._SX522_.jpg
From: Mama Was a Rock and Roll Singer, Papa Used to Write All Her Songs; Year:1973; Genre: Rock/Pop
I have no reason whatsoever why I'm choosing another song from Sonny and Cher, but they were on my mind when sitting down to write this post, so there's your reason I suppose.
Anyway, this is kind of an interesting piece of music; over the almost 10 minutes of its play time it transitions between many different styles of pop music. Some of it is their brand of bubblegum pop, other parts remind me a wee bit of the Beatles, and others somewhat similar to Elton John, well, at least to my ears anyway.

Hear Mama Was a Rock and Roll Singer on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Weather Report - Cannonball

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Pan Dance

My song pick three years ago today: Chris Squire - Silently Falling

My song pick four years ago today: Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown

My song pick five years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Life in Eleven

My song pick six years ago today: Red Rider - White Hot

My song pick seven years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa

My song pick eight years ago today: Queen - Play The Game

My song pick nine years ago today: Jerry Reed - Guitar Man

My song pick ten years ago today: Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In