4009. Jethro Tull - Crossword

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61dfJZfDTdL.jpg
From: Stormwatch; Year: 1979; Genre: Progressive Rock
Was thinking about late '70s Tull today, and thought I'd pick one of their rarer songs from that era. Crossword only got released on a compilation album in the late '80s and then found its way onto Stormwatch when it was remastered.
Anyway, that bass throughout the song is what drives the song along and is one of the main attractions to the song, but the keyboard and guitar are right up there as well. Makes me wonder a lot of times why it did not get put on the album in the first place, it's a dang good song.

Hear Crossword on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy

My song pick two years ago today: Mike + The Mechanics - Silent Running (On Dangerous Ground)

My song pick three years ago today: Santo & Johnny - Summertime

My song pick four years ago today: Zager and Evans - In the Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)

My song pick five years ago today: Homer & Jethro - The Battle of Camp Kookamonga

My song pick six years ago today: Karussell - Entweder Oder

My song pick seven years ago today: Nightwish - Last of the Wilds (Erämaan viimeinen)

My song pick eight years ago today: Rush - Caravan

My song pick nine years ago today: John Denver - This Old Guitar

My song pick ten years ago today: Rammstein - Stirb Nicht Vor Mir (Don't Die Before I Do)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In