4214. IQ - Awake and Nervous

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6106Q39Z8AL.jpg
From: Tales From The Lush Attic; Year: 1983; Genre: Progressive Rock
I love the band's deployment of odd and changing meters on this track. It's done quite skillfully; you really won't notice it too much unless you're listening for it, which is precisely how you want it. Musically Awake and Nervous is done just as well; it's a fun song to listen to casually as well as with a musician's ear.
Anyway, bottom line: if you like late 70s/early 80s progressive rock then this one's a must listen.

Hear Awake and Nervous on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: Nirvana - Polly

My song pick 2 years ago today: Maktub - Lies

My song pick 3 years ago today: Al Stewart - Year of the Cat

My song pick 4 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Dreamworld

My song pick 5 years ago today: Primus - John the Fisherman

My song pick 6 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Go

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Ventures - Beethoven's Sonata in C#-Minor

My song pick 8 years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Count Zero

My song pick 9 years ago today: Louis Armstrong - La Vie en Rose

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Thermals - No Culture Icons

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Crossfire


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn