5765. Toto - 99

From: Hydra; Year: 1979; Genre: Rock/Soft Rock
Happened to catch some of Toto's music in passing last night and thought I should choose another from the band. 99 is probably one that most would not know by title, but as soon as the song starts anyone who grew up in the 80s or listens to 80s music should recognize it. Apparently David Paich wrote the song as a tribute to George Lucas' classic film THX1138, which inspired him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Dire Straits - Romeo & Juliet

My song pick 5 years ago today: James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)

My song pick 6 years ago today: King Crimson - Dinosaur

My song pick 7 years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Both Sides

My song pick 8 years ago today: Egg - I Will Be Absorbed

My song pick 9 years ago today: Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell

My song pick 10 years ago today: Soundgarden - Bones of Birds

My song pick 11 years ago today: Nightwish - Know Why the Nightingale Sings

My song pick 12 years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Black Ice

My song pick 13 years ago today: Waylander - Brú Na Bóinne

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rammstein - Klavier

My song pick 15 years ago today: Johnny Rivers - Summer Rain
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In