5752. Black 47 - Land Of DeValera

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51-vCMd2p5L._SS500.jpg
From: Black 47; Year: 1991; Genre: Celtic Rock/Alternative Rock/Funk Rock
Happy St. Patrick's Day once again! You know wot that means... yep more Celtic-inspired rock and related music. Picking another one from one of my favourite bands of that ilk: Black 47; this one comes off their self-titled debut album and from towards the end of the record. It has more of their noted Celtic rock sound with the horns in the choruses whilst the verses are more of a rap/funk style in the vocal delivery with a syncopated beat and sparse instruments.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Thin Lizzy - Dublin

My song pick 5 years ago today: Black 47 - Paddy's Got a Brand New Reel

My song pick 6 years ago today: Croft No Five - The Man of Arran

My song pick 7 years ago today: Cruachan - The Morrigan's Call

My song pick 8 years ago today: Flogging Molly - (No More) Paddy's Lament

My song pick 9 years ago today: Black 47 - The Big Fella

My song pick 10 years ago today: Frank Mackey & the Keltic Cowboys - Kiss My Irish Ass

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dropkick Murphys - Black Velvet Band

My song pick 12 years ago today: Black 47 - Green Suede Shoes

My song pick 13 years ago today: Savatage - St. Patricks

My song pick 14 years ago today: Mose Allison - Your Mind is on Vacation

My song pick 15 years ago today: Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In