5741. Vince Guaraldi - Red Baron

From: Oh Good Grief!; Year: 1968; Genre: Bossa Nova Jazz/West Coast "Cool" Jazz
Been listening to a lot of Vince Guaraldi's work lately; in popular culture, for the most part, his music and his style are synonymous with Charles M. Schulz's Peanuts cartoons. Because of this he is most likely one of the most recognizable authors and performers of West Coast or "Cool" Jazz; generations of children since the 1960s have had him and the Peanuts cartoons as part of their childhood. 
Anyway, this one that is, I believe, the theme played for the Red Barron sub-story of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and is actually quite a complex and interesting piece that'll without-a-doubt bring some good memories to the forefront.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Living Colour - Type

My song pick 5 years ago today: Dream Theater - A New Beginning

My song pick 6 years ago today: Queensrÿche - Empire

My song pick 7 years ago today: Pendragon - Fly High, Fall Far

My song pick 8 years ago today: Luther Davis Group - Keep On Dancing

My song pick 9 years ago today: Tarot - Wings of Darkness

My song pick 10 years ago today: John Denver - Shanghai Breezes

My song pick 11 years ago today: Aphrodite's Child - The Beast

My song pick 12 years ago today: Duran Duran - Lonely In Your Nightmare

My song pick 13 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Dogs in the Midwinter

My song pick 14 years ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Late Winter, Early Spring (When Everybody Goes To Mexico)

My song pick 15 years ago today: César Antonovich Cui - Orientale
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In