5747. The Hollies - Carrie Anne

From: Evolution; Year: 1967; Genre: Rock/Pop
Even when I was young the bass line in the chorus drew me in to this track; I chalk a lot of it up to Ron Richards who produced it. Most of their songs from this time period seemed to have the bass brought up in the mix or so it would seem, so it wasn't just a "one off." Besides that, for being just a "jangley" pop song, there is a lot of work and musicianship throughout it, especially in the vocals and harmonies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Stevie Wonder - Too Shy To Say

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Postal Service - Brand New Colony

My song pick 6 years ago today: Wolfmother - Joker & the Thief

My song pick 7 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Digging in the Dirt

My song pick 8 years ago today: Slaughter - Up All Night

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Wide River

My song pick 10 years ago today: Stratovarius - Fire Dance

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Aeroplane

My song pick 12 years ago today: Styx - Renegade

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Jaggerz - The Rapper

My song pick 14 years ago today: Sha Na Na - Blue Moon

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In