3542. King Crimson - Dinosaur

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61pD6HSEw7L.jpg
From: THRAK; Year: 1995; Genre: Progressive Rock
Listening to some somewhat later material from King Crimson today; definitely picking one of the songs I was listening to in particular.
I love how Fripp and company didn't really try to reinvent themselves and be something they're not, unlike many of the progressive rock granddaddies did back in the 1990s. The only thing different about this track in particular is that it does have a bit of an Alice 'N Chains/Soundgardebesque groove to it; but that's mostly coming from Tony Levin's monstrous bass playing. It can also be argued that they influenced a lot of "Grunge" musicians with their earlier work, the Red album in particular, so it could be very much the other way around I guess; who knows.
Anyway, Dinosaur really has everything a fan would want to hear from them and then some; great track.

Watch a live performance of Dinosaur on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Molly Hatchet - Both Sides

My song pick two years ago today: Egg - I Will Be Absorbed

My song pick three years ago today: Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell

My song pick four years ago today: Soundgarden - Bones of Birds

My song pick five years ago today: Nightwish - Know Why the Nightingale Sings

My song pick six years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Black Ice

My song pick seven years ago today: Waylander - Brú Na Bóinne

My song pick eight years ago today: Rammstein - Klavier

My song pick nine years ago today: Johnny Rivers - Summer Rain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade